Saturday, March 7, 2020

Moving Day

Not us. It's the Parisian family that is, at last, moving into their new apartment! For the past month and a half they've been in one temporary apartment after another with occasional weekends with us. But tonight, they will sleep at home! I am excited see the new place, all moved in. We did visit a few weeks ago, during the renovation. I thought I had a photo of that, but I guess I don't. I can't find it, in any case.
This morning, after the night, here, they took several of the boxes we'd stored for them. The basement, however, is still full and it'll take several trips to empty it. We have the least needed items, so they don't have to take everything immediately. The basement will seem almost empty when they finish taking their boxes, but it will really be far from empty. I hope we get caught up in the momentum and get rid of some of our junk, too. The last time we tried that, I found my knitting machine. I took it upstairs with the aim to sell it, but it needed cleaning and some parts repair, and by the time I finished, I decided to keep it. I now have two more machines! I also found my old yarn stash, to which I have added rather than decreased. I do want to clean out the basement, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen