Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One month countdown begins

en français sous le trait après le texte en anglais
---------------
I watched the Michael Jackson memorial celebration although I hadn't exactly planned to. Sort of off and on as I was also getting dinner ready and then eating it, but I did catch most of it. And it was moving and not the circus I was half expecting it to be. Al Sharpton said several things that made sense to me, although I haven't been so keen on his messages in the past. I thought the Maya Angelou poem was a good way to start. The Congresswoman was long-winded. The songs were beautiful and moving.

We're taking care of the Pachters' cat, Figaro, this week. Kind of nice having two cats again, except when they decide to meow in chorus.

I should be sewing instead of writing. Claire and Geoff's wedding is just a month away! So, I'll get back to my other tasks.
------------
J'ai regardé la célébration mémoriale pour Michael Jackson hier, bien que ne ne l'avait pas prévu. Comme c'était aussi l'heure de diner, je n'ai pas tout vu, mais bien la plupart. Je m'attendais à voir une espèce de cirque, mais c'était bien plus émouvant et digne. Al Sharpton a dit des choses qui me semblais bien pensées, bien que par le passé je me posais des questions à son égard. Le poème de Maya Angelou était un bel hommage. La représentante au Congress parlait trop. Les chansons étaient belles et émouvantes.

Je devrais retourner à ma couture. Le mariage de Claire et Geoff est dans un mois pile !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen