Friday, July 4, 2008

Home again - De retour à la maison

Hi all,
Claire came for a visit - accompanied by Geoff and Nigel, who returned to England after one night in Paris. They took a truckload of furniture back with them. Heaven knows where Geoff and Claire will find room for it all. And to say nothing of the tons of stuff left with us. I really should get rid of some of it on e-bay.
I also got to spend last Saturday evening with Barbara, my high school friend. That was fun. We met just outside Notre Dame, did a quick tour of the cathedral and then walked back to where I had parked the car in the 14th. It was a long walk, so we stopped along the way and had dinner at the Académie de la Bière, which I hadn't been to in at least 30 years. It hasn't changed. If you like beer and want to taste different kinds, this is the place to go. We, however, settled for cider.
On Sunday, after a big family lunch, I went off to the hospital and surgery was first thing on Tuesday morning. I had the 2-day prep., just like the last time. They wanted to keep me until next week - a full week after surgery - but I negotiated and got out today. I have a catheter - nothing new there - and go back next Wednesday for its removal. The surgery went well but not with the result we wanted. I'm back to the starting point. Right now, I'm not in the mood to discuss options with the doctor, but I suppose that by my appointment in September, I'll be ready.
-------------
Salut,
Claire est venue nous rendre visite avec Geoff et son frère, Nigel, qui sont reparti tous les deux en Angleterre après une seule nuit à Paris, avec une camionnette pleine de meubles. Et notre cave est aussi pleine !
J'ai passé samedi dernier en réunion toute la journée, mais j'ai pu finir la journée avec ma copine de lycée, Barbara. Nous nous sommes arrêtées à l'Académie de la Bière, que je n'avais pas fréquentée depuis 30 ans au moins et qui est toujours pareil.
Après notre grand déjeuner familale dimanche, je suis allée à l'hôpital et l'intervention a eu lieu mardi matin. Ils voulaient me garder huit jours après l'intervention, mais comme il s'agit simplement de garder une sonde, j'ai négocié mon départ aujourd'hui. J'y retourne mercredi pour faire enlever la sonde. L'intervention s'est bien passée mais pas avec le résultât souhaité : je suis revenue au point zéro. J'imagine que mon docteur me proposera de choisir la prochaine étape en septembre, mais j'en ai un peu marre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen