Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Notre Dame

This is going to be a short post. Paul and I are visiting a friend and not glued to a screen. I'm typing on my phone, which I don't like doing.
Yesterday, at the end of dinner, we turned on the TV to hear what Macron was going to say about his conclusions on the Grand Débat, the past 5 months of unrest throughout France. What we saw was Notre Dame in flames.
We didn't watch for long because the journalist, after the eyewitness shock accounts, started asking stupid speculative unanswerable questions. There was no way to determine cause and estimate damage until the fire was out.
Last week the statues from the roof were removed for restoration while restoration work was to start on the flèche. I'm speculating the fire had something to do with that. But I'm sure there will be a thorough investigation.
This morning I saw the headline that there will probably be a national subscription (an old fashioned form of go-fund-me) and I hope participation will be international.
It's horrible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen