Monday, June 25, 2018

The sweater fits, so we can get on with more projects

The sweater fits, or will fit even better by winter, when she'll wear it. You may wonder why there's no head. That's because I don't publish recognizable photos of the grandchildren publicly. The family has received the link to the photos of the birthday party last week. She appreciates, particularly, the big pocket.
The party was a success. Cousins from the Paris area and all the grandparents were present. Among the cousins were the ones who moved back to France from Pittsburgh, where they had enjoyed the extended family connection. They miss Pittsburgh. I got the impression that the neighbors where they are, now, are not quite as welcoming.
On Tuesday, I went into Paris, spent some time with a friend who is trying to sort out her mother's succession and is having considerable trouble with her sister and the notaire her sister chose. She's now got our notaire's office on the case on her behalf, but it's still a slow moving process.
From there, I caught a bus to the American Library, where I was scheduled to man the voter registration table before the Pamela Drukerman talk. She's a pretty well-known NYT contributor and author of Bringing up Bébé. Her new book is about becoming a grown-up in her forties. She's a good speaker.
I got a new camera. A bridge, this time. I find the compacts are just too hard to get my hands around. The old Sony got some sand in it when we were in Spain, which is why I was looking for a new one. It's a Panasonic Lumix FZ200. Not the most recent model in the line -- I would have liked WiFi and a universal USB connection, but I settled for lower price. I'm pretty happy with the zoom and the enlargement created by cropping the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen