Sunday, December 7, 2014

Freezing

The temperature was 0°C. when we got up this morning. Last winter, if I remember correctly, December was cold, too, which is really normal. Then it warmed up and the winter was actually quite warm. I think most people are rooting for a normal winter this year. We miss the occasional snow. Freezing temperatures are good for the garden but reducing the number of insects. So, I'm bundling up.
Just before Thanksgiving I went to Pittsburgh to celebrate Jon's birthday. This was something I'd been looking forward to since last April, when Tobi first mentioned it. It was wonderful spending time with them, seeing their kids, both of them, for the first time in a long, Tony and Barbara, Amy and Chris and their daughter, who was a little girl the last time we saw them all at Eric's Bar Mitzvah. It was a very short trip, but completely enjoyable.
One thing I managed to do while there was to open a checking account without having to supply a US address! Yea!
I came home before the holiday and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal last week at Louis'. It was excellent. I made the bread stuffing and we arrived early enough to stuff the turkey and spend the next four hours while it cooked in good conversation with the kids and Gwen's parents and then playing with the babies. Anne brought a delicious pumpkin pie.
This past week has been taken up uneventful. A lapsit at the library, a visit to the AARO office to interview someone. We also had a Skype interview with another applicant. So sometime soon I hope we find a communications manager.
Now, there are still a few Christmas gifts to get and we have to figure out how to get all those gifts into the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen