Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Birthday come and gone and it's raining, again

Farmers better not complain about a drought this year. The water tables are full. The reservoirs are full. The fields are full. The cisterns are full. Of course, they will complain about the fields being full. And prices will go up because of too much rain, not enough freeze to kill off the insects, and whatever else.
Readers in the States must be thinking, "not enough freeze?" Well, while the US has been freezing, western Europe has been having very mild temperatures and, need I repeat, a lot of rain.
I'm gearing up for Overseas Americans Week. I must make some appointments, get a reservation for V and me, as we'll be rooming together. I find I have trouble remembering what I'm supposed to do in a timely fashion. "I should...." pops into my head when I have nothing to note it down on, no paper and pen, no phone, nothing. Then,  I forget and the thought comes up again when I'm in the middle of something else. Finally, I might get it onto a list, but I find that's not too much of a help, either. I'll sit down at the computer to do the thing, but unfortunately, it means checking the email someone sent me, which sends me to my email, where I find new messages to deal with, and I forget, once more, to do what I set out to do.
So, I'd better get back to what I was doing, when I accidentally opened my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen