Saturday, February 16, 2008

Weird Diet

I went to see a certain Mr. Soladja on recommendation from Samina. It seems most of what's been bothering her for the past several years have been taken care of by this diet he recommends and she has lost weight, to boot.

So, I went to see him. He explains that the intestinal fungus Candida is responsible for the inflammation that causes osteo-arthritis, osteoporosis, and other ills. In order to get rid of the excess Candida, he says you need to starve it - no sugar, for example. No gluton, no wheat products, no coffee, no tea, no milk products..... It's an endless list of "no"!

It means vegetable soup or raw veggies for breakfast (actually at all meals). Protein for breakfast and lunch, but none at dinner. Whole grain, except wheat, at lunch and dinner. No fruit at any meal, with anything else, but a piece of fruit is ok as a snack between lunch and dinner.

It's not surprising that weight loss comes with the deal. After 10 days, though, I'm remarkably stable, no loss at all.

I'm not convinced that this is for real, so when I saw my chiropractor earlier this week I asked about it. She immediately recognized the base. It seems as if it is a combination of the Seignalet diet and is used for auto-immune diseases (arthritis is an auto-immune disease). However, there are variations. For example, you can't have cow's milk, but you can still have goat or sheep cheese, or soy milk. You can't have wheat, but you can have "épeautre", which I believe is "spelt" in English. She said that if one can stick to it, it really is effective. She also said that the combinations: keeping fruit separate; protein + veggies; veggies + carbs; but not protein + carbs comes from another popular diet, Montignac.

As I said, I'm not convinced. It's like saying I'm allergic to milk and gluton without ever having what are recognizable allergy symptoms. I am not at all sure that I will be able to stick to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. For more private correspondence, just e-mail me! Ellen